INNISFIL, ON (January 3, 2022) Due to the increasing transmission rates of COVID-19 across Simcoe County, the Innisfil ideaLAB & Library is once again closing its doors. Innisfil ideaLAB & Library will remain closed to the public until further notice to support the efforts to limit the further spread of COVID-19 in our community. While all branches remain closed at this time for browsing, our curbside pick-up will still remain available to our Library customers.
Curbside pick-up will allow users to place holds on items and pick them up at our Cookstown, Lakeshore & Stroud Branches. This service is a way for the library to provide materials to the public safely during this time. Curbside Pick-Up is available at the following times and locations:
- Lakeshore Branch, Tuesday-Thursday from 9:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Cookstown Branch, Tuesday-Wednesday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Thursday 1:00 p.m. – 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Stroud Branch, Tuesday-Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
We ask that you maintain physical distancing and stay two metres away from others and staff during your designated pick-up times. Drop boxes are open to return materials at all four Library Branches.
Additional services remain available including:
- Express computer access, call 705-431-7410 or visit our website to book an appointment
- Printing and faxing services
- Book bag services let librarians select books for you and your family
- Troy Scott Community Fridge access, no appointment required, residents can call or ring the bell for service or to make donations
The decision to close is based on the ideaLAB & Library’s prioritization of community and staff safety while still delivering important community services. We encourage continued use of our online services and Digital Library and check out our virtual programming and live events. For more information and for Library updates straight to your inbox, sign up for our eNewsletter today.