Write on! Welcome to the Innisfil ideaLAB & Library’s Short Story Contest
Have you ever dreamed of becoming an author or publishing a book? If you’re in Grades 3-12, you’re invited to enter the Innisfil ideaLAB & Library’s annual Short Story Contest.
The contest is now closed, but will reopen on June 1, 2020.
How long should my story be?
- Junior Division (grades 3-6): minimum 1 page (250 words), maximum 4 pages (1000 words).
- Intermediate Division (grades 7-8): minimum 2 pages (500 words), maximum 8 pages (2000 words).
- Senior Division (grades 9-12): minimum 3 pages (750 words), maximum 12 pages (3000 words).
Are there specific rules?
Yes. All entries must be:
- Original fiction
- Typed in 12-point font.
- Include a title.
- Not include the author’s name (this information is collected through the entry form).
- Submitted electronically using our webform (which will become available when the contest opens on June 1, 2020).
Past Winning Stories
Looking for inspiration? Check out our past winners! You’ll be amazed at the talent and creativity you’ll find here.