What is MakerFest?
MakerFest is a community show-and-tell event to highlight local talent and provide community connections. We bring together educators, entrepreneurs, artists and engineers as they unveil their latest creations, provide interactive activities, and help our viewers learn a new skill in under 10 minutes. How-to in 10 is intended to make learning new and interesting skills fun, easy, free, and convenient! This event hopes to inspire the next generations of creative makers by providing them with a wide array of possible avenues to explore and discover a new skill, interest or activity.
Check out our Featured Event! Steam Roller Printing with PRNT Collective:
Printed under the drum of a 900 pound lawn roller in the parking lot of Innisfil ideaLAB & Library’s Cookstown Branch (20 Church Street), community members watched as this huge machine rolled over carefully carved woodblocks and create large-scale prints.
How does it work? Skilled artists and printmakers carved unique designs as a relief on a 40 x 60 inch pieces plywood. The wood plates were inked and paper was laid on top ready for a gas powered lawn roller to drive over them – transferring the images onto the paper transforming the machine into a working, moving printing press.
Makerfest ’21 Highlights
Thank you to all our local artists and makers!
- Resin Jewelry with Dapple Days (pre-recorded video)
- Watercolour Artist Maria Kelebeev (pre-recorded video)
- DIY Mold Making – for epoxy projects with Morrah Jane Designs
- Oak and Cloth Embroidery (pre-recorded video)
- Innisfil Microgreens (pre-recorded video)
- Making Focaccia Bread with Steph (pre-recorded video)
- Caitlyn from InnPower Talks about Choosing Your Electricity Price Plan (pre-recorded video)
- Along with all our amazing hackLAB staff