The Innisfil ideaLAB & Library presents the 8th Annual MakerFest. We are back live and in-person at the Lakeshore Branch on September 24, 10-2pm.
What is MakerFest?
MakerFest is a community show-and-tell event to highlight local talent and provide community connections. We bring together educators, entrepreneurs, artists and engineers as they unveil their latest creations, and provide interactive activities. This event hopes to inspire the next generations of creative makers by providing them with a wide array of possible avenues to explore and discover a new skill, interest or activity.
Call for Makers
Fill out the form below if you are interested in showcasing your skills or talents.
Makerfest ’21 Highlights
Check out our Featured Event! Steam Roller Printing with PRNT Collective:
Printed under the drum of a 900 pound lawn roller in the parking lot of Innisfil ideaLAB & Library’s Cookstown Branch (20 Church Street), community members watched as this huge machine rolled over carefully carved woodblocks and create large-scale prints.
How does it work? Skilled artists and printmakers carved unique designs as a relief on a 40 x 60 inch pieces plywood. The wood plates were inked and paper was laid on top ready for a gas powered lawn roller to drive over them – transferring the images onto the paper transforming the machine into a working, moving printing press.
Thank you to all our local artists and makers!
- Resin Jewelry with Dapple Days (pre-recorded video)
- Watercolour Artist Maria Kelebeev (pre-recorded video)
- DIY Mold Making – for epoxy projects with Morrah Jane Designs
- Oak and Cloth Embroidery (pre-recorded video)
- Innisfil Microgreens (pre-recorded video)
- Making Focaccia Bread with Steph (pre-recorded video)
- Caitlyn from InnPower Talks about Choosing Your Electricity Price Plan (pre-recorded video)
- Along with all our amazing hackLAB staff